Monday, November 17, 2008

Fresh boot to writing

I had this long pause in writing, longest since I actively started publishing 4 years ago. Why is that I ask, no clue, some part is played by the 2008 year of major changes and twist ups in my life. After I look at it, I sincerely was in a way depleted, not without thoughts to write about, but just so chaotically sucked into real life problems and challenges.

Few major things happened to me in recent months or days, not going to any detail but I find myself changed in a ways, and see new ways how to be changed even more which I like. It makes me happy in a way, that I see some parts which aren't really a good ones, and now some of them are gone. Others which still exists, are in the aim now, some are discovered and being taking care of.

The writing, I was thinking about writing the whole time which I didn't wrote a line, I mean a line of sense from me, not some news letter or a press release which sounds more like a marketing, pr and work kind of stuff. Sense was in me, but not published. Two weeks ago, or something my friend asked me if I want to write a article about openness in source and communities for a printed weekly cultural magazine. Why not I said, it's been a while since I published some piece. After some agreements what they expect and when, I had like a week to finish it. Some shit happened, I didn't slept for a few days, personal and work load was amberable. There I was, 1 hour before the deadline, didn't had a god damn thing written, that's a start. Half of the text was finished one hour after deadline. Not so light fatigue took it's place and the thought about writting more tomorrow appeared. Few hours in dream land and now you write, in your bad morning moods, no thoughts, empty shell, finish the story. Somehow the article was made 30 minutes before the deadline for printing, so it will be published. You woudln't expect much of such extrem conditions writting, it seemed like a no big deal article. But the other authors from the weekly magazine made me believe I was wrong. The article was mentioned as first article in the editorial, and that feels a way impressive for me. I kinda like the article now.

No comments: