Monday, January 5, 2009

moving mirrors, leaving shades behind

Sometimes your life is heading so fast that you have no idea where exactly is going. This was a bit my case last year, maybe a lot more than I realize or want to think of. Now it's gone, lightly breeze which you remember from the beginning of last year autumn.

The struggle which we bear and fight is actually easier when you find allies and friends on your side, believing in the right things, helping you and each other to make it a better place. It's easier to donate time and actions for some nasty deep impact. Now I know that my purpose isn't really only to change something, even if I try so hard, and I manage over the years to make some impact. Now I know that the not less important purpose is to rock the boat. To make people think what is happening around, to show them the reality, to show them how tax payers money are getting spent to enslave people into proprietary technology. Life of course isn't about the technology, but in western world it is a way too much to ignore the facts of being us blinded and enslaved.

For me the fight was almost always about technology, for information and access when I was a black hat teenager, believing into something more than what I was said to believe. These foundations was in a way correct and I stepped into the vortex of principles.

The present seems a way different, policy and negotiations, traveling. Over the past month I decided to move my base of operations out of Bratislava. Seems to be far, but in half a year or less I'm relocating myself to Brussels. I still need to come back to Bratislava each month, because of the contracts, meetings, committees, non profits, small companies, whatever else is there. Thing is, I can work on my stuff in Brussels for three weeks each month without flying all over the place. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.

I just after long time realized how to organize myself, not better, not properly, just organize. This is I believe how it should go.

No comments: